The Northwest Connecticut Chapter has mentors with a wide variety of business backgrounds and familiarity with both the business environment in the northwest corner and the national business scene. We have been mentoring small business clients for more than 20 years at the Northwest Connecticut Chamber of Commerce in Torrington and at the Greater Bristol Chamber of Commerce in Bristol. From there we cover primarily but not exclusively most of Litchfield County and the greater Bristol markets. Our mentoring is free and strictly confidential. Our workshops may involve a small fee to cover expenses or are free depending on our costs and sponsorships.
SCORE mentors are all volunteers either retired from business careers and others who are still actively working. If your situation does not fit under the expertise of our local chapter you will be referred to one of the six other SCORE chapters in Connecticut or to email or phone mentoring.
About 60 percent of our clients are interested in starting a new business. The other 40 percent are in business and looking for help in solving a particular problem or in making significant changes or improvements in their businesses. We mentor on the planning aspects for any business organization and then on the follow-through and implementation.
Finally, we welcome men and women from every business background and cultural tradition to join us as volunteers in our effort to assist current and prospective business owners in our geographic area. If you are currently employed we will accommodate your schedule. If you have a particular skill or interest that you would like to contribute but prefer not to mentor we have a place for you and you will be most welcome. Please contact us for more information.
We appreciate your interest and hope we can help you and your business.